Chocolate is one of the most famous foods that everyone loves. It is also one of the most common comfort foods people love to have during tough times. Chocolate is made from ‘Cacao’. Aside from being a yummy food, it also gives numerous health benefits like helping fend off stroke. In addition, chocolate is famous for its beneficial effect on mood disorders. But aside from these, chocolate is also popular for keeping the skin smooth and younger-looking.
Types of Chocolates
There are numerous types of chocolates that you should know of. This includes the following:
- Cocoa Powder
- Unsweetened Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate
- Bittersweet Chocolate
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- Sweet Dark Chocolate
- White Chocolate
- Couverture Chocolate
- Gianduja Chocolate
- Candy Coating Chocolate
These types of chocolates have their respective taste and benefits. Dark chocolate is the type that is the most beneficial. Most of its other types are used for culinary purposes.
Skin Benefits of Chocolate
- Skin softener – Chocolate is often use as key ingredient for organic soaps, lotions, creams and other skin products because of its softening properties. The fatty acids and linoleic acid it has functions as anti-aging agent that can soften your skin.
- Smoothens skin – The glycerides properties which produce moisturizing fats and lipids can smoothen your skin.
- Ward off wrinkles – Many dark chocolates contain high amounts of flavanols – an antioxidant that helps protect the skin from wrinkle-causing ultra-violet light. So nibbling a few squares of dark chocolate is actually a good way to prevent wrinkles and fine lines.
- Reduces Scars and Stretch Marks – Cocoa butter is the most popular ingredient that helps in minimizing or reducing stretch marks and scars. Chocolates have cocoa butter which makes it beneficial to reducing stretch marks and scars too.
- Exfoliates and Nourishes – Chocolate is also famous for its capability to help in skin nourishment and exfoliation. Evident to this is the countless skin exfoliating products that contain chocolate in their formula.
Dark Chocolate as Ideal Beauty Product
Craving for chocolates? Choose dark! It’s rich, bittersweet and healthy! Contrary to the common conception on chocolate that it can make you gain more weight, some studies have proven that dark chocolates can actually aid in weight loss.
In addition to that, dark chocolate is known for its numerous beneficial effects to skin. Your skin is the first thing people notice. A beautiful, radiant skin can definitely make heads turn. Hence, you must not take skin care for granted. You can actually do so by the help of your favorite dark chocolate.
Why Have Chocolate?
Chocolate not only is a good food that can make you feel better during your worst day. It can also give you bountiful health benefits that you can get from other foods.